Last Updated: July 13, 2020
"Affiliate(s)” means Spacebase’s owners, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, officers, directors, suppliers, partners, sponsors, advertisers and advertising providers, and agents and representatives, and includes (without limitation) all parties involved in creating, producing, and/or delivering the Site and any of our other Services.
“Organization Data” means any data, information, files, documents, agreements, reports, content, media, communications, notices, alerts, lease information or other materials that an Organization (or a User) inputs or uploads to the Spacebase Platform or other Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Organization Data includes any additional information that an Organization (or a User) provides through the Spacebase Platform regarding its lease or other real estate agreements, including, without limitation, operating expenses.
"Services" means (i) the Spacebase Platform, (ii) the Site, (iii) any specific service or offering that may be provided to a User by Spacebase via the Spacebase Platform, (iv) any support services and related technologies that may be provided by Spacebase in its sole discretion for maintaining and monitoring use of the Platform, (v) any Custom Services and (v) any other services or offerings that Spacebase may provide from time to time to Organizations or Users pursuant to an Order Form.
“User” or “you” or “your” (and similar terms) means any person or entity that visits, views, uses or accesses any portion of the Platform, the Site or any of the other Services. "User" shall include employees or agents of an entity or other Organization that registers to use any of the Services to the extent such individuals share their personal information with Spacebase as set forth herein.
Types of Information Collected. In order to better provide Users with access to the Platform and Spacebase’s other numerous Services, Spacebase collects two types of information about Users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (collectively referred to as “User Information”). Spacebase’s primary goals in collecting information from User are to provide User with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using the Platform, the Site or any of Spacebase’s other Services, to provide the Services and to collect information related to the Platform and the other Services.
- Personally Identifiable Information. Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that lets Spacebase know the specifics of who Users are. When User engages in certain activities on the Site or the Platform or otherwise related to the Services, such as contacting Spacebase via the provided forms or sending Spacebase an email, Spacebase may ask User to provide certain information about User by filling out and submitting an online form. If User elects to engage in these activities, however, Spacebase may ask that User provide personal information, such as first and last name, organization name, email address and telephone number. Depending upon the activity, some of the information Spacebase asks User to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If User does not provide the mandatory information with respect to a particular activity (for example, subscribing to or purchasing a paid Service), User will not be able to engage in that activity. Users may be required to provide additional personally identifiable information to become a User and to use certain Services. For instance, we require a User’s name, email address and payment information in order to register that User with the Platform. We will collect certain Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., billing address) as required to process User payments for paid Services in accordance with our Terms of Service (https://spacebaseapp.com/terms-of-service/). Our Terms of Service (https://spacebaseapp.com/terms-of-service/) may also describe other Personally Identifiable Information that may be required from Users.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Non-Personally Identifiable Information refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific User. Spacebase gathers certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information about Users based upon their access to and use of the Platform, the Site and/or our other Services, including, but not limited to: traffic data, location data, logs, communication data, the resources that a User accesses and uses on or through the Platform, the Site and/or our other Services, the website's Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) from which User just came, to which URL User next goes, what browser User is using (including the browser’s UA string), and User’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. It can also include including information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, and mobile network information. This information can be compiled and analyzed on both a per-user and an aggregated basis. We may also collect other Non-Personally Identifiable Information. In certain cases we may combine Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information in which case all resulting or connected data will be considered Personally Identifiable Information.
- Information from Third Party Sites.. We may collect, store and use certain User Information from third party sites and services that are accessible via or integrated with the Platform, the Site or are contemplated by use of the Services (e.g. Google, Facebook or Twitter accounts, AWS Cognito, etc.), including information that may be transmitted by such third party sites in connection with use of the Services. We may also receive access, store and/or use User Information that is collected by third party service providers and our other vendors related to your use of the Services (e.g. Google Analytics, Stripe, etc.).
- Organization Data. When you use the Services, you may be providing certain Personally Identifiable Information in the Organization Data that is found in or related to the leases or other source documents you provide. User hereby acknowledges, agrees and covenants to only provide Personally Identifiable Information to Spacebase if User has all rights and licenses to do so (and User has complied with all applicable law) and User hereby agrees to be liable and responsible for any claims or actions related to User’s failure to obtain such rights.
Collection of User Information.
- Other Potential Methods for Collecting User Information. Spacebase, and/or its Affiliates or its service and technology providers may use various other methods to collect Personally and Non-Personally Identifiable Information about Users. These methods may include, but are not limited to (i) cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters placed on User’s computer or mobile device that identifies User’s web browser; (ii) analytics and user tracking technologies that may allow us to monitor what actions Users take on the Site, the Platform or otherwise with respect to the Services; (iii) log Files – information, which is automatically reported by User’s web browser each time User views a web page, possibly including, but not limited to, User’s IP address, browser type and UA string, and language, number of clicks, domain names of websites visited, pages viewed, and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time; (iv) clear gifs - web beacons, which are pieces of data used to track the online usage patterns of Users anonymously, and which may also be used in HTML-based emails sent to Users to track which emails are opened by recipients; (v) third party service-based technologies and information, including, but not limited to, linked services (such as Google Accounts) that User authorizes to share information about User with Spacebase; (vi) other social media or third party site connects or authorizations to share information’ (vii) other available technologies that may be integrated into the Platform, the Site or the other Services; and (viii) requests for data or information collected through the Platform, the Site or the other Services.
Use of User Information. Spacebase will use User Information to:
- Provide and operate the Services;
- Enable You to access and use the Services, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing Organization Data and sending messages on Your behalf;
- Deliver information to Users and to contact Users regarding administrative notices (for instance, notifying Users of deadlines they have elected through the Platform to receive notice of, notifying Users of major Platform and Site updates, for customer service purposes, and to send privacy or security-related notices);
- Respond to Your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Evaluate and improve the Services, and our other products and services and to develop new products, services, features and benefits;
- Provide technical, product and other support for the Services;
- Engage in advertising and provide You with special offers and other information about the Services as well as other products, events and services of ours, our Affiliates, and non-affiliated third parties
- Identify usage trends and for data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit and reporting;
- Process and credit payment transactions;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; and
- For our business and commercial purposes as described below.
Spacebase uses User Information generally in our business operations and activities and for any of our commercial purposes consistent with applicable law. We may also match or combine User Information that You provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, for the purposes described above.
If Spacebase should ever file for bankruptcy or have Spacebase’s assets sold to or merge with another entity (or otherwise engage in any business combination or similar transaction), information Spacebase receives from User through use of the Services is Spacebase’s asset and may be transferred without any restriction.
Sharing of User Information. Spacebase may share and disclose User Information with third parties, including as follows:
- Affiliates. We may share your User Information with our Affiliates who will use such information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- Partners. We may share your User Information with our corporate partners and other third parties related to our business or for their business purposes. This may include third party advertisers for their marketing purposes.
- Corporate and Asset Transactions. If we sell all or substantially all of our business or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger, sale or transfer of all or a substantial part of our business, we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including User Information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
- Other Uses. We may share your User Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our Terms of Service (https://spacebaseapp.com/terms-of-service/); (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Updating and Correcting Information. Spacebase believes Users should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information that they have provided to Spacebase. Users may at any time, update, correct, or delete certain Personal Information that they have provided to us by editing the "Settings" section on the Platform. Additionally, Users may contact Spacebase to determine what other Personally Identifiable Information we have on such User by contacting Spacebase through the appropriate contact information or web forms located on the Platform and/or the Site.
Please include first and last name, address, and email address when contacting Spacebase. Spacebase encourages each User to promptly update their Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete a User’s Personally and Non-Personally Identifiable Information without some residual information because of reasons including, but not limited to, server backups and disaster recovery. User acknowledges that altering, updating or deleting any Personally or Non-Personally Identifiable Information may alter the functioning or operation of the Services for User.
User Choices on Collection and Use of Information.
- Disabling Cookies. User also has choices with respect to cookies. By modifying browser preferences, User may have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If User chooses to reject all or some cookies, some parts of Spacebase’s Services may not work properly in User’s case.
- Opt-Out. At any time, you may opt out of allowing us to use your Personally Identifiable Information by contacting us at the information set forth below in Section 14. We will process your request within a reasonable time. However, please note that in certain instances, we may have already used or shared your Personally Identifiable Information consistent with this Policy prior to your opt out. In addition, you may not be able to use the Services if you opt-out.
- Security of Information. The importance of security for all User Information associated with Spacebase’s Users is important to Spacebase. Spacebase values the privacy and security of User Information and uses reasonable efforts to protect User Information so that it is secure. However, User acknowledges that no data transmission or hosting over the Internet or any wired or wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and neither can the storage of such data or information. As a result, while Spacebase strives to protect User’s User Information, User acknowledges that (i) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet and mobile platforms which are beyond Spacebase’s control; (ii) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between User and Spacebase through the Services and data and information that is stored by Spacebase cannot be guaranteed; and (iii) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit or in rest by a third party. AS A RESULT, WITH REGARD TO THE SECURITY AND INTEGRITY OF PERSONALLY AND NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION, USER USES THE PLATFORM, THE SITE AND ALL OF THE OTHER SERVICES AT USER’S OWN RISK.
Third Party Providers; Scope.
- Third Party Providers. As described above, we may use third party service providers to facilitate use and operation of the Platform, the Site and for other Services related activities. Your User Information may be provided to and used by such third parties. For example, we may use Stripe for payment, analytics, and other business services, and we may use Google Analytics for analytics services related to our site and Platform.
Do Not Track Disclosures; California Requirements.
- Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that Users can set in their web browsers. When a User turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the User. For information about Do Not Track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org. At this time, Spacebase does not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. In addition, Spacebase may use other technology that is standard to the Internet, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, to track visitors to the Site or Services or one of the affiliated pages hosted at the Spacebase domain. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
- Request of Information for California Users. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California Users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- Age Policies. User must be at least 18 years old to have Spacebase’s permission to use any of the Services. Spacebase’s policy is that Spacebase does not knowingly collect, use or disclose any Personally Identifiable Information (or other information) about Users that are under 13 years of age.
Terms of Service. Your use of the Services is also subject to, and you agree to, our Terms of Service[insert link] applicable to the Services. The term “including” as used in this Policy shall mean “including, without limitation,” unless the context otherwise requires.